1. What does the Map Tenure platform do ?
The MAPTenure platform aims to play a key role in establishing one central, recognized, go-to source for information on tenurial ambiguity posed by the orange area problem in central India. The platform collates and analyzes historical and spatial information to inform the resolution of the orange area problem. It records data and leverages the best available technology to indicate the presence of an orange area issue. The user can access this information through two types of searches:
- 1) Search Village – This function helps identify the presence of an orange area by village name, tahseel and district.
- 2) Search Map – This function helps identify the presence of an orange area issue in an area of interest on the map.
2. What is a totally de-notified village and what is a village with plot de-notifications ?
Via Gazette Notifications of the Madhya Pradesh Government, between 1971 and 1976, several de-notifications were declared. These were of two types:
- 1) Total Village De-Notification – By order of such de-notification under Section 34 A of the Indian Forest Act, 1927, all forests lands of the said village were de-notified and were declared revenue lands (such villages were devoid of forest lands).
- 2) Plot De-Notifications – By order of such de-notification under Section 34 A of the Indian Forest Act, 1927, certain plots of a said villages, with given area, were denotified as forest lands and were considered as revenue lands.
3. How do I locate totally de-notified villages and villages with plot de-notifications ?
You can locate totally de-notified villages and villages with plot de-notifications by using the village search or the map search http://maptenureindia.org/MapTool
4. What is the basis for identifying the totally de-notified villages and villages with plot de-notification in central India?
The total village de-notifications and the plot de-notifications are based on Gazette Notifications issued by the Madhya Pradesh Government.
5. What are the orange areas of central India ?
To find out how the orange areas problem emerged in central India, go here http://maptenureindia.org/BackGround
6. Where can I locate the Methodology for the tool?
The methodology for the tool can be found here http://maptenureindia.org/Methodology/